New from Akrapovič, a stunning new Racing Line exhaust system for the all-new Yamaha MT-09. Designed to complement the stylish street-sport MT-09, the Akrapovič Racing Line exhaust allows the 847cc Yamaha engine to breathe and deliver increased levels of performance – and a deep resonant exhaust tone unique to Akrapovič.
The Racing Line system is a full-length exhaust constructed from quality stainless steel with a titanium alloy outer sleeve on the muffler body. A new ‘slash-cut’ tail section has been designed to retain the narrow lines of the MT-09 and has a removable baffle plate, which features three stylish exit ports.
Constructed in two sections for ease of fit, the front section consists of three manifold tubes – linked by crossover tubes – precisely welded into a short collector. The muffler body and front section are connected by interference fit and secured by race specification springs. A bracket assembly utilises the standard MT-09 frame mounting points. Akrapovič replacement manifold clamps are used to mount the manifold tubes in place on the cylinder head.
Another performance aid is weight reduction. The Akrapovič Racing Line exhaust is considerably lighter than the stock item. Even though the exhaust increases performance and throttle response, there is no need for additional tuning providing the original Yamaha lambda sensor is retained – provision for this is provided on the collector tube.
Key features of the Yamaha MT-09 Racing Line exhaust are:
- Increased power-to-weight ratio with weight reduction of 2.4kg (5.3 lb) compared to stock exhaust
- Peak power gain of 4.0kW (5.4HP) @ 9900rpm
- Peak torque gain of 5.3Nm (3.9ft-lb) @ 5000rpm
- Increased torque and power output throughout the midrange
- One-piece welded manifold assembly for ease of fit
- Improved throttle response
- Retains standard Lambda sensor
- EC-Type approved (optional Akrapovič catalyser required)
Click here for full technical specifications