Product Name – MISSILE 2PC Leather Suit TECH-AIR® Airbag Compatible (suggested retail price – € 899.95 Euro / £ 849.99 Sterling) + TECH-AIR® RACE airbag (suggested retail price – € 1,199.95 Euro / £ 999.99 Sterling)
Category – Racing/Performance Riding
Description – Constructed from premium grade bovine leather for flexibility and comfort and incorporating ergonomic tear and abrasion resistant four-way stretch inserts and accordion panels, the Missile Two-Piece Leather Suit has been designed for sports riders. The CE-certified Missile Two-Piece Leather Suit has a unique construction which allows the jacket and pants to be put together with a hidden connection that provides a seamless appearance. This suit features class-leading protection inside and out and is compatible with Alpinestars active airbag technology, Tech-Air®.
The result of over a decade of development in MotoGP and following on from Alpinestars’ first-generation racing airbag system and the launch of the ground-breaking Tech-Air® Street, this latest version of Alpinestars Tech-Air® technology brings full upper body protection to serious track day and performance riders. Available separately and compatible with a range of Alpinestars leather suits and jackets, the Tech-Air® Race is completely self-contained, meaning there are no bike-to-rider set-up configurations required, which ensures the ultimate in convenience, freedom and versatility. When fully inflated, the system’s airbag offers critical protection to the back, kidneys, chest and shoulders. Plus, with a simple upgrade the versatile system firmware, the Race system can be configured to run the Tech-Air® Street setting for non-race use in road and off-road situations.
• Durable premium leather main chassis constructed from 1.3 mm high grade leather.
• Large accordion stretch panels on the knees, shoulders and elbows aid movement on the bike.
• Stretch fabric panels on the sleeves and crotch further improve fit and feel.
• Ergonomic back hump, sculpted for better airflow and performance at high speed.
• Pre-curved sleeve and leg construction reduces fatigue.
• Localised perforations for improved ventilation and interior cooling.
• Stitched leather graphic and printed graphic detailing for an eye-catching look.
• Calf expansion gusset for optimised fit for range of lower leg sizes.
• Hook and loop grip cuff and ankle closure promotes close and secure fit.
• Unique, new heavy duty full circumference waist connection zipper to securely fasten upper and lower garments together, giving the suit the same silhouette as a one-piece suit.
• Integrated padding increases comfort and protection.
• Chest pad compartments (Alpinestars Nucleon chest pads available as accessory upgrade).
• Multi-layer knee construction complete with reinforced grippy texture material on the inside allows the rider to better hug the bike’s tank, thus reducing fatigue and improving control.
• Full mesh inner liner for convenience and breathability.
• Inner waterproof wallet / document pocket for secure storage of small items.
• 3D textured fabric comfort collar construction.
• Multiple snap button system to integrate the Level 2 CE-certified Alpinestars Nucleon Back protector for use when Tech-Air® is not installed.
• CE-certified Alpinestars GP-R protector on shoulder, elbow and knee for impact resistance.
• Innovative new elbow slider is anatomically contoured and features a removable and replaceable screw-mounted insert slider.
• DFS (Dynamic Friction Shield) external dual density TPU sliders: shoulder and knee for class-leading abrasion resistance.
• Jacket can be worn as a standalone item.
• Replaceable SPORT knee sliders for impact and abrasion resistance.
Tech-Air® airbag system compatible:
• This suit is built to accept the Tech-Air® Race Airbag System.
• The vest, purchased separately, installs easily and does not require any external sensors to operate.
• Should it detect a crash, it will deploy a protective airbag, providing unrivaled protection to the rider’s full back, shoulders, kidney area and chest.
• The garment is designed with stretch gussets on the arm and sleeves to accommodate the jacket’s inflated volume without compromising seam strength or material integrity. The jacket’s ergonomic design means that it can be worn without the airbag system for a versatile, personalised fit.
• LED display on sleeve indicating airbag’s operational status, while internal housing located in the built-in CE-certified back protector accommodates the system vest’s ECU.
• Internal hook and loop grip closure fixings plus cable housing seamlessly accommodate the airbag system.