Product Name – STELLA ANDES PRO DRYSTAR® Jacket TECH-AIR® Airbag Compatible (suggested retail price – € 499.95 Euro / £ 469.99 Sterling) + TECH-AIR® STREET airbag (see here) (suggested retail price – € 1,199.95 Euro / £ 999.99 Sterling)
Category – Women’s All Weather Riding / Adventure Touring
Description – Designed specifically for the female form and using Alpinestars exclusive DRYSTAR®membrane, the Stella Andes Pro DRYSTAR® Jacket offers true versatility with 100% waterproofing and great levels of breathability, even in difficult riding conditions. The technically advanced construction of this jacket offers protection and abrasion resistance and is adaptable to all weather conditions. The Stella Andes Pro is also compatible with Alpinestars leading active airbag protection system, Tech-Air®.
Tech-Air® is a groundbreaking electronic airbag system that offers riders upper body protection and the freedom to ride both on and off road and in a wide range of weather conditions. The Tech-Air® Street System incorporates the airbag’s electronic control unit, componentry and airbag, which when inflated covers the back, kidney areas, chest and shoulders. The Tech-Air® System, sold separately and completely self-contained, offers the possibility for the airbag to be used in conjunction with an Alpinestars airbag-compatible textile outer jacket. The innovative and versatile Tech-Air® Street airbag system can be used with any type of motorcycle and/or scooter without the need to set-up, pair or reconfigure bike-to-rider or bike-to-passenger settings. The system is therefore immediately ready to be used at any time for any bike on any surface, and can be used equally for road riding and off road adventure touring.
Tech-Air® airbag system compatible:
This suit is built to accept the Tech-Air® Street Airbag System.
• The vest, purchased separately, installs easily and does not require any external sensors to operate.
• Should it detect a crash, it will deploy a protective airbag, providing unrivaled protection to the rider’s full back, shoulders, kidney area and chest.
• The garment is designed with stretch gussets on the arm and sleeves to accommodate the jacket’s inflated volume without compromising seam strength or material integrity. The jacket’s ergonomic design means that it can be worn without the airbag system for a versatile, personalized fit.
• LED display on sleeve indicating airbag’s operational status, while internal housing located in the built-in CE-certified back protector accommodates the system vest’s ECU.
• Internal hook and loop grip closure fixings plus cable housing seamlessly accommodate the airbag system.
• Advanced reinforced poly-fabric textile and Alpinestars exclusive DRYSTAR® waterproof and breathable construction for excellent all-weather performance.
• Zippered chest air intakes and back exhaust ports for internal climate control and enhanced riding comfort.
• Internal impact protection provided by removable CE-certified elbow and shoulder protectors.
• Chest and back pad compartments (CE-certified Nucleon chest and back protector inserts available as accessory) for use when Tech-Air® is not installed.
• Additional reinforced polymer layer on critical elbow and lower arm areas for abrasion resistance.
• Reflective graphic details and logos makes the rider more visible to other road users in varying light conditions.
• Front waterproof cargo pockets for convenience and reassuringly secure closure.
• Large, external utility pocket on lower back plus waterproof internal pockets and insert wallet pocket.
• Integrated soft edge collar and 3D mesh construction for comfort over long distances.
• Premium YKK zipper with double sliders for main front closure offer adaptable and secure convenience.
• Removable long-sleeve thermal liner (100g body,80g sleeves) ensures comfort on hot or cold days.
• Pre-contoured sleeves with accordion stretch panels on elbows for improved riding performance, plus volume adjustment to ensure close fit.
• Hook-and-loop grip waist adjustment belt for highly customizable fit.
• External zippered pockets for safe and secure storage.
• Optimised for use with Alpinestars textile pants with internal waist connection zipper.
Developed following more than 15 years of extensive R&D in class-leading airbag technology, starting in MotoGP and taking in over half a million miles of road testing, Tech-Air™ is the world’s first and only independent full body, dedicated airbag systems specifically designed to offer a rider protection from the first impact in an accident.
Tech-Air™ uses a sophisticated algorithm to provide critical airbag protection for the first impact, meaning the primary contact between the rider and obstacles or vehicle. The system offers unparalleled freedom and versatility. With no connections between bike and rider both systems are completely independent, meaning a rider can have full upper body airbag protection on any motorbike, regardless of make or model.
The Tech-Air™ Street system can be used for road and off-road adventure touring while Tech-Air™ Race can be used for performance track riding but also, via a system firmware swap, can be configured to run the Street settings for the ultimate in versatility
You may also like