BMW Motorrad invites motorsport enthusiasts to join them at the prestigious Festival of Speed at Goodwood on 12-14 July, and help celebrate 90 years of BMW. The momentous occasion will be marked with a display of over forty historic and current BMW motorcycles, representing nine decades of BMW.
Visitors will see some of the most iconic BMW motorcycles produced between 1923 and 2013, including the 90-year-old R32, the original GS from 1980, an S 1000 RR World Superbike and the ‘C evolution’ electric scooter. In addition, the ‘Concept 90’, designed by Roland Sands, will be making its UK debut on the stand.
Highlights from the range of classic and modern BMW motorcycles includes:
● 1923 R 32 – BMW Motorrad’s first ever motorcycle.
● 1939 Type 255 Kompressor – Georg Meier’s TT-winning race bike.
● 1973 R 90 S – 40 years ago this superbike won the first AMA race.
● 1980 R 80 G/S – the class-defining first adventure bike.
● 1989 K1 – BMW Motorrad’s first fully-faired sports bike.
● 2013 S 1000 RR WSBK – first BMW ever to win a World Superbike race.
● ‘C evolution’ – BMW’s electric scooter prototype.
● ‘Concept 90’ – original concept bike inspired by the R 90 S, and designed in collaboration with Roland Sands.
In addition to the machines on display at the BMW Pavilion and the 90 years of BMW Motorrad stand, a number of high performance BMW motorcycles and cars will be taking part in the timed Hill Climb on Lord March’s world-famous 1.16 mile drive.
BMW Motorrad Goldbet World Superbike racer Chaz Davies will be tackling the Hill Climb on the new BMW HP4 – and will also be around to sign autographs and meet fans during the weekend.
BMW stunt star Mattie Griffin, one of the best freestyle stunt riders in the world, will also be at the Festival of Speed, treating visitors to a dazzling show of skills including burnouts, stoppies and wheelies, while making his run up the Goodwood Hill on his modified BMW F 800 R.
Visitors to Goodwood can explore the BMW Pavilion and see a range of cars and motorcycles, as well as displays showcasing the brand’s advanced technology and rich heritage. For four-wheeled enthusiasts, the BMW Pavilion will include a number of high performance M-series cars and the ground-breaking i3 electric car.
Follow us on social media: