With the launch of the all-new exclusive Triumph Factory Custom offer for 2019, Triumph delivers a landmark moment for British custom design, with an exclusive limited edition line-up of ultra-premium motorcycles.
Every TFC motorcycle will be built to embody the absolute pinnacle in custom Triumph
design, with a unique level of enhanced performance, technology, engineering, specification and exquisite finish.
The new line-up starts with the beautiful, more powerful, lighter and even higher specification Thruxton TFC, and a hint of what’s to come next with the stunning concept Rocket TFC.
New Triumph Factory Custom offer
- Beautifully crafted one-off custom designed new models
- Each limited to only 750 worldwide, individually numbered and never to be repeated.
- The absolute pinnacle of Triumph’s design, engineering and craftsmanship
- Each with a unique higher level of performance, specification and finish.
- Setting a new benchmark for quality, with an exceptional level of custom detailing
- Carefully crafted to be the most beautiful and desirable Triumphs ever made.
Thruxton TFC – The new definitive sports classic
- 750 numbered and TFC badged editions
- Lighter and 10PS more power than the Thruxton R
- 115 Nm of Torque @ 4,850 RPM
- 107PS of Power @ 8,000RPM
- Benchmark setting level of specification, including:
– Fully adjustable Öhlins suspension
– Brembo radial master cylinder and adjustable brake lever
– Race-specification Metzeler Racetec RR tyres
– Titanium Vance & Hines silencers with carbon fibre end caps.
- Premium custom finish and detailing including stunning carbon fibre bodywork
and billet machined top yoke with numbered TFC plaque.
- Personalised TFC handover pack including a personalised book and signed letter of authentication.
Concept Rocket TFC
- The concept for the next TFC model is an all-new Rocket TFC
- The world’s biggest production engine transformed, the ultimate motorcycle
- Full details and launch to follow on 1st May 2019.
NEW TRIUMPH FACTORY CUSTOM OFFER
The launch of the Triumph Factory Custom Offer reflects Triumph’s unparalleled impact on the custom scene, which springs from a unique passion and expertise that lives within Triumph. This is a passion that has been demonstrated many times over with a host of unique motorcycles created within a dedicated factory design workshop. From individual custom ambassador bikes, to movie bikes and multiple racing bikes, from off road to track and drag-racing bikes, all built to ride, and many to race, each showcases the world class talent in design and hand crafted custom art of the Triumph factory custom team.
With the genesis of the TFC offer coming from the 2014 Triumph TFC Bobber and TFC Scrambler, the launch of the very first TFC model available to riders worldwide signals the beginning of a new truly special offer with the most beautiful, exclusive and desirable Triumphs ever made, with more TFC models to come.
Each of the numbered ultra-premium custom limited editions to come will feature a higher specification of technology and equipment, better performance and a crafted custom design with class-leading detailing and finish.
With even more style, power and performance the incredible new Thruxton TFC raises the bar to become the definitive sports classic and the new pinnacle in the legendary Thruxton line-up.
Rare, beautiful and truly special, this incredible first production TFC model celebrates the best of British engineering, detailing and finish with this ultra-rare never-to-be-repeated version that delivers more in every dimension.
With only 750 ever being sold worldwide, the Thruxton TFC will be Triumph’s most exclusive and desirable Modern Classic. Featuring premium TFC badging and instrument faces with gold detailing, and a beautiful individually-numbered plaque on the top yoke, each one will be completely unique and never to be repeated.
Every Thruxton TFC owner will also receive a special tailor-made TFC handover pack unique to their bike, featuring a numbered letter signed by Triumph’s CEO Nick Bloor, a personalised custom build book, and a beautiful Thruxton TFC bike cover.
Premium Custom Finish and Detailing
Visually striking, the new Thruxton TFC features unique beautifully engineered lightweight carbon fibre bodywork, including a stunning one-piece carbon cockpit fairing, front mudguard, seat cowl, heel guards and silencer end caps. Additional exquisite detailing includes billet machined aluminium top yoke with TFC branding, premium brushed nickel mirror centres, tinted screen, beautiful real leather seat with stitched detailing, and billet machined aluminium oil filler cap.
All of this comes on top of a whole host of beautiful blacked out features, including premium black anodised multi-spoked wheels, black Öhlins RSU springs with black decals, black engine covers and a black tail tidy. To perfectly complement the black theme and real carbon fibre, the Thruxton TFC is available in one signature paint scheme – a distinctive Carbon Black, with brushed tank knee pad detailing, and hand painted gold lining. And that premium gold detailing is applied across the whole motorcycle, from the gold lining on the fairing, to the gold detailing in the badging and instrument faces, unique key with gold detailing, and even a stylish
custom gold chain.
The Thruxton TFC also retains all of the distinctive core Thruxton features, such as the brushed flip-top Monza fuel cap, twin throttle bodies with brushed intake finisher, Daytona R foot pegs and clear anodised aluminium swing arm.
More Power and torque from a Significant Engine Upgrade
The new Thruxton TFC achieves an incredible 10PS more power than the standard
Thruxton R. This is delivered by significant engine upgrades including a whole host of lighter weight engine components, high compression pistons, and revised ports and cam profile. Along with the higher power, the Thruxton TFC also delivers an incredible high torque punch low down and across the entire rev range, peaking at 115Nm.
There is also a premium one-of-a-kind exhaust system just for the Thruxton TFC, with Vance & Hines titanium silencers and carbon fibre end caps, with a unique laser etched co-branded logo.
Category Leading Specification
Significant weight savings across the entire motorcycle make the Thruxton TFC five kilograms lighter than the Thruxton R for an even more dynamic and agile ride – delivered by engine component refinements, carbon fibre bodywork, aluminium engine cradle rails, rear mudguard removal, and a lighter weight battery.
In addition to the weight saving, the Thruxton TFC also has a category leading higher level of specification and equipment, with fully adjustable Öhlins upside down NIX30 front forks and fully adjustable Öhlins piggy back reservoir rear shocks with billet machined aluminium adjusters.
There are also high specification Brembo 4-piston M4.34 radial monobloc calipers and twin floating Brembo front discs, delivering excellent stopping power, and unique race specification Metzeler Racetec RR super sticky tyres. The premium specification continues with a Brembo radial master cylinder and MCS span and ratio adjustable brake lever plus matching clutch lever.
Highest Ever Level of Capability
Increasing the level of rider-focused technology are three upgraded riding modes unique to the Thruxton TFC (Rain, Road and Sport), which now adjust throttle map, ABS and traction control settings to better suit the riding conditions or rider preference. This is enabled via the latest generation ride by wire, which delivers enhanced rideability, safety and control.
For enhanced visibility, lower energy consumption and greater durability, the Thruxton TFC features all-LED lighting, including 7 inch headlight with signature profile daytime running light (market specific availability), compact LED indicators, tail light and rear light.
ABS and traction control are also fitted for maximum safety and control, both implemented with minimal visual impact – compact, responsive and unobtrusive. Optimised to reduce lever effort for the rider, the torque-assist clutch makes the bike even more comfortable over long journeys and in stop-start riding, while the USB charging socket improves convenience. An engine immobiliser is also fitted as standard on the Thruxton TFC, with a transponder incorporated into the new high-value gold badged key.
The Rocket TFC concept showcases the next stunning TFC model to come, and will be launched on 1st May 2019 with full details and specifications.
Triumph’s legendary Rocket III, launched in 2004, was renowned as a pure original, taking the world by storm with more muscle, presence and power than any of the competition. Now, 15 years on, an ultra-rare, ultra-premium Triumph Factory Custom Rocket is planned.
The new Rocket TFC will be nothing short of the ultimate motorcycle, with world-beating performance, cutting edge technology, muscular presence and unique engineering innovations.
|NEW THRUXTON TFC|
|Engine Type||Liquid cooled, 8 valve, SOHC, 270° crank angle parallel twin|
|Bore/Stroke||97.6 mm x 80.0 mm|
|Maximum Power||To be confirmed, subject to homologation (01.03.2019)|
|Maximum Torque||To be confirmed, subject to homologation (01.03.2019)|
|Fuel system||Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection|
|Exhaust||Brushed 2 into 2 exhaust system, twin brushed titanium silencers with carbon fibre end caps|
|Final drive||O-ring chain|
|Clutch||Wet, multi-plate assist clutch|
|Frame||Tubular steel, aluminium cradles|
|Instruments||LCD multi-functional instrument pack with analogue speedometer and analogue tachometer, TFC specific dial faces|
|Swingarm||Twin-sided, aluminium, clear anodized|
|Front Wheel||32-spoke 17 x 3.5in, black anodized rim|
|Rear Wheel||32-spoke 17 x 5in, black anodized rim|
|Front Tyre||Metzeler RaceTec RR, 120/70 ZR17|
|Rear Tyre||Metzeler RaceTec RR, 160/60 ZR17|
|Front Suspension||Öhlins 43mm NIX30 upside down forks with adjustable rebound and compression damping, 120mm travel|
|Rear Suspension||Fully adjustable Öhlins twin shocks with piggy back reservoir, billet aluminium adjusters, 120mm rear wheel travel|
|Front Brake||Brembo twin 310mm floating discs, Brembo 4-piston radial monobloc calipers, ABS|
|Rear Brake||Single 220mm disc, Nissin 2-piston floating caliper, ABS|
|Seat Height||810 mm|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||14.5 L|
Factory Custom Build Examples
Industry News Gallery
[g-slider gid=”52713″ width=”100%” height=”65%”]
Grid Girls Gallery by Grid Girls UK
[g-slider gid=”52690″ width=”100%” height=“75%” autoplay=”1″]
- First established in 1902, Triumph Motorcycles celebrated 110 years of motorcycle manufacture in 2012. For more than two decades, Triumph Motorcycles has been based in Hinckley, Leicestershire, and has produced iconic bikes that perfectly blend authentic design, character, charisma and performance.
- Building around 65,000 bikes per year, Triumph is the largest British motorcycle manufacturer and has around 620 dealers across the world.
- This focus, innovation and engineering passion has today created a broad range of bikes suited to all motorcycle riders, including the iconic new Scrambler 1200, epic Speed Triple, the game changing all new Street Triple 765, the class defining Tiger 800, transcontinental Tiger 1200, iconic Triumph Bonneville family including the stunning Bonneville Bobber, legendary Thruxton, accessible Street Twin, Street Scramble and iconic Bonneville T120 and T100, plus an exciting and accessible A2 range of Triumph motorcycles
- Triumph currently employs around 2,000 personnel worldwide and has subsidiary operations in the UK, North America, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan, Sweden (Scandinavia), Benelux, Brazil, India and Thailand as well as a network of independent distributors. Triumph has manufacturing facilities in Hinckley, Leicestershire, and Thailand plus CKD facilities in Brazil and India.
- The Triumph Bonneville, famously named to celebrate Triumph’s 1956 land speed record on the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah, USA, was the original British superbike and a race-winner straight out of the crate. Chosen by famous motorcyclists of the past for its legendary handling, style, and character. It’s that handling, character and style, married to modern rider-focused technology that makes the new Bonneville family THE authentic modern classic choice today.
- Triumph holds a unique place in the history of the International Six Day Trials as the motorcycle of choice for both the multiple winning British teams and famously Steve McQueen’s US ride entry in 1964