The all-new parallel-twin powered ADVENTURE bike has been developed alongside KTM’s latest Dakar-winning weapon, the KTM 450 RALLY, to be the link between its enduro bikes and street range for 2019.
The annual European event, this year hosted in Olbia, Sardinia, provided incredible on and offroad tours across three days of guided riding and tuition from KTM ambassadors and racers. Exclusive to just 150 places, like-minded KTM ADVENTURE owners conquered the island’s incredible variety of sea view sandy trails, twisty mountain passes and even extreme offroad routes with unexplored terrain.
Riders were given an exclusive opportunity to see an early preproduction version of the KTM 790 ADVENTURE R ridden by Chris Birch – an eight times New Zealand Enduro champ and triple Roof of Africa winner.
Made in the READY TO RACE style and comprising of KTM’s unparalleled offroad competition DNA, the lightweight KTM 790 ADVENTURE R will have the performance and pose for enduro riders who demand to go further or adventurers who desire to tackle the paths least explored. This is a motorcycle to back-up the ambitious.
After riding the bike, Chris Birch said: “I’m honestly blown away by the new KTM 790 ADVENRTURE R. Naturally, I’ve got a lot of experience on enduro bikes and the awesome ability of the big KTM ADVENTURE models, and this just feels like the perfect combination of them both. Obviously, what I rode is still a prototype, but it´s looking in terrific shape. Can’t wait to ride the final product!”
KTM PR Manager – Street, Luke Brackenbury, said at the event: “KTM listens to its customers and dealers throughout the world and the demand for a very hardcore, mid-capacity ADVENTURE bike was repeatedly raised. Make no mistake, this new KTM will be the most performance-focused middleweight travel enduro on the market with a spec sheet to rival machines of a much bigger displacement.”
For extreme travel enduro riding, the KTM 790 ADVENTURE R will be a street bike with serious offroad capabilities and unrivalled performance in its segment. Full details of the bike will be revealed at EICMA, Milan on 6 November 2018.
KTM 790 ADVENTURE R HIGHLIGHTS:
- Utilises new KTM LC8c 799cc parallel twin engine, tuned for a wider spread of torque when compared with KTM 790 DUKE
- Over 400 km fuel tank range – for real exploring
- Low seat height for ultimate control in all situations
- Low-slung fuel tank for optimum centre of gravity
- Fully adjustable WP suspension front and back with long travel and PDS for the shock absorber
- Radial mounted, 4-piston front brake calipers with ABS and offroad ABS options
- Adjustable ergonomics to match the rider and the riding situation
- Spoked wheels in true offroad sizes for optimum tire choice