The German brand expands its tyre portfolio for V-Twins with a new tyre providing consistent performance, upgrading the handling of older and current machines and offering stability and excellent grip, even in wet conditions.
During the CUSTOMBIKE-SHOW fair that opened its doors today in Bad Salzuflen, Germany, METZELER has unveiled the new CRUISETEC™, the Custom Touring tyre designed to optimise the performance of modern and past V-Twins and intended for motorcyclists who want to get the most out of their motorcycles in terms of handling and grip.
With the new CRUISETEC™, METZELER extends its successful V-Twin range towards performance-oriented use. This tyre upgrades the handling of current and older motorcycles, featuring remarkable grip even in wet conditions, ground-breaking performance consistency and innovative stability features. CRUISETEC™features ground-breaking specifications for tread pattern, compound recipe, and carcass specifications in the production of tyres for V-Twin motorcycles.
CRUISETEC in action
METZELER has developed CRUISETEC™ to respond to the needs of motorcyclists who increasingly look for emotional, carefree riding and live their riding passion on V-Twin machines they can customise with performance in mind. CRUISETEC™ has been designed to couple with the latest generation of Cruisers and Tourers, machines that the relevant manufacturers in the segment are equipping with high-rated performance parts and the latest electronic rider aids. With the METZELER CRUISETEC™ tyre these motorcycles can express their full potential for agility, increased lean angles, improved stability, comfort, shorter stopping distance and faster cornering. Thanks to a ground-breaking combination of technological features – including industry leading innovations – experience d V-Twin riders and newer riders alike can enjoy a perfected riding performance, confidently confirming Metzeler’s product tagline “Performance Perfected”.
CRUISETEC on Thunderbike Harley-Davidson Sporster Iron 883 & FXDR
The main benefits of the new CRUISETEC™ for the rider are:
• Enjoy performance-cruising which means great handling, line taking and line holding, Immediate response at all stages also in wet conditions and enhanced cornering grip and safety
• Performance consistency which means handling is preserved throughout the entire tyre lifespan thanks to the combination of a solid tread pattern with its constant-curvature contours and dual-compound layout which preserves the tyre profile thanks to wear evenness
• Smooth and effortless riding thanks to maximised line holding when entering and maintaining lean angles and comfort
• Enhanced confidence and safety, also in the wet, which derives from the effective interaction of the tyre with electronic rider aids
METZELER CRUISETEC™, is designed to respond to the need of V-Twin performance-riding, and complements the METZELER portfolio for V-Twins, which now consists of:
- CRUISETEC™, perfecting the performance of yesterday’s and today’s V-Twins;
- ME 888 Marathon™ ULTRA featuring an incredibly wide range which includes whitewalls, orange-wall and extra-wide sizes;
- ME77 Perfect, a vintage tread pattern developed to upgrade the ride of old-school customisations.
The new CRUISETEC™tyre will be available starting from January 2019 in the following sizes:
Industry News Gallery
[g-slider gid=”52713″ width=”100%” height=”65%”]
Grid Girls Gallery by Grid Girls UK
[g-slider gid=”52690″ width=”100%” height=“75%” autoplay=”1″]