Protagonist at the EICMA show last November and recently presented to the international press in Las Vegas, the Kawasaki Z H2 represents the most radical and powerful motorcycle ever produced of the historic Z series. Now the flagship model of this family, the supercharged naked from Akashi is able to satisfy the most demanding motorcyclists thanks to a long list of cutting-edge technical and electronic features. The most defining feature is certainly the 988cc four-cylinder in-line supercharged engine that is able to deliver up to 200 PS at 11,000 rpm.
To transmit the high power generated by the engine to the ground, Kawasaki has selected Pirelli DIABLO ROSSO™ III in the 120/70 ZR 17 M/C (58W) TL (K) size for the front and 190/55 ZR 17 M/C (75W) TL (D) for the rear of the Z H2. The version of the front tyre (K) was designed by Pirelli engineers specifically in order to meet the Japanese company’s goals in terms of agility and handling. The rear version (D) manages the incredible power and immense torque of the supercharged engine ensuring high stability and traction management.
The DIABLO™ brand has always represented Pirelli excellence in the world of sport tyres for motorcycles. The DIABLO™ brand can boast almost 18 years of experience, technology and wins in the comparative tyre tests from the most authoritative specialist magazines and in international races at all levels. Within the DIABLO™ range, the DIABLO ROSSO™ brand identifies products dedicated to high performance use on roads and the DIABLO ROSSO™ III continues this pedigree and story of this successful brand.
Since 2004,Pirelli has made the FIM Superbike World Championship for production-based motorcycles the benchmark to develop not only the products used in competition, but also tyres used daily by motorcyclists all over the world. Inspired by the philosophy, which has now become a motto of the Italian tyre company, “We sell what we race, we race what we sell”, Pirelli has managed to bring to fruition all the experience acquired in this championship, applying normal production products for road use to some of the patents and materials developed for racing activity. The entire DIABLO ROSSO™ III project is the result of Pirelli’s long experience in the FIM Superbike World Championship: the design technology, the materials of the structure, and compound mixing process are the same as used for Superbikes.
The main technical characteristics of the DIABLO ROSSO™ III are:
1) The bi compound rear tyre with high percentages of silica that improves grip in all conditions with the added benefit of giving extra mileage
2) The profile derived from race tyres
3) The tread which uses a pattern that is an evolution of the DIABLO™ Supercorsa DOT race tyre but features more tread grooves for better wet handling
DIABLO ROSSO III
All of this leads to the following advantages to motorcyclists by the new DIABLO ROSSO™ III:
1) The excellent handling comes from the race tyre DNA andtransmits to the motorcyclist a strong feeling of grip and superb feedback on the bike. This is made possible by the combined characteristics of profile and structure that are derived directly from Superbike competition.
2) The exceptional grip, able to transfer the power of motorcycles such as the Kawasaki Z H2, powered by a 988cc four-cylinder in-line supercharged engine. Grip and safety feeling not only on dry tarmac but also on wet, thanks to the new materials and experience gained by the brand in other segments.
3) Providing consistent performance over the tyre’s life, ensuring confidence-inspiring grip and riding until the last mile.
The DIABLO ROSSO™ III can satisfy even the most demanding riders who want a sport bike tyre capable of guaranteeing great handling, excellent levels of grip, and high performance to the end of tyre life. More specifically, DIABLO ROSSO™ III is dedicated in particular to motorcyclists who love to ride their motorcycle quickly and aggressively.
SBN Directory - add your motorcycle related business here
If you would like to receive our headlines daily to your email inbox then sign up to our newsletter: Here
Subscribe to our news channels: Here