Scott Redding set the benchmark on the opening day of free practice at Snetterton; firing the Be Wiser Ducati to the top of the times as the Bennetts British Superbike Championship returned to Norfolk.
Championship leader Redding had edged ahead in the opening practice and then followed it up by posting the fastest lap of the weekend in free practice two, narrowly holding the edge over Tarran Mackenzie by 0.250s at the chequered flag when light rain fell in the final minutes.
Peter Hickman surged up the times in the final minutes to move third for the Smiths Racing BMW team as Tommy Bridewell also made improvements in the closing stages of the session to leap into fourth for Oxford Racing Ducati.
Andrew Irwin had a strong start to his weekend, making Honda the fourth different manufacturer in the top five as he nudged out Jason O’Halloran, who again missed part of the session with a technical problem.
Local contender Luke Mossey was seventh and the leading Suzuki for the OMG Racing team after his final stint left him ahead of FS3-Racing Kawasaki’s Danny Buchan and Dan Linfoot, who had been in the top three for this morning’s opening session.
Hector Barbera had an impressive debut at Snetterton; ending the opening day in the top ten for the Quattro Plant – JG Speedfit Kawasaki team, narrowly ahead of Josh Brookes and Michael Laverty.
Bennetts British Superbike Championship, Snetterton, Free Practice 1:
- Scott Redding (Be Wiser Ducati) 1m:48.817s
- Peter Hickman (Smiths Racing BMW) +0.216s
- Dan Linfoot (Santander Salt TAG Yamaha) +0.830s
- Tarran Mackenzie (McAMS Yamaha) +0.839s
- Jason O’Halloran (McAMS Yamaha) +1.012s
- Danny Buchan (FS3-Racing Kawasaki) +1.120s
- Luke Mossey (OMG Racing Suzuki) +1.168s
- Luke Stapleford (Buildbase Suzuki) +1.439s
- Tommy Bridewell (Oxford Racing Ducati) +1.549s
- Josh Brookes (Be Wiser Ducati) +1.954s
Bennetts British Superbike Championship, Snetterton, Free Practice 2:
- Scott Redding (Be Wiser Ducati) 1m:48.256s
- Tarran Mackenzie (McAMS Yamaha) +0.250s
- Peter Hickman (Smiths Racing BMW) +0.972s
- Tommy Bridewell (Oxford Racing Ducati) +1.126s
- Andrew Irwin (Honda Racing) +1.140s
- Jason O’Halloran (McAMS Yamaha) +1.345s
- Luke Mossey (OMG Racing Suzuki) +1.388s
- Danny Buchan (FS3-Racing Kawasaki) +1.446s
- Dan Linfoot (Santander Salt TAG Yamaha) +1.567s
- Hector Barbera (Quattro Plant – JG Speedfit Kawasaki) +1.586s
For more information on the Bennetts British Superbike Championship visit www.britishsuperbike.com
Scott Redding – Be Wiser Ducati
Fastest in free practice
“It’s been a good start with free practice at Snetterton and the track is unbelievable! I had so much fun out there, I felt very good and very relaxed.
“We did a few little things on the bike today, but nothing crazy we were just working with the gearing to understand what works better.
“The weather held out for us too which was really good to get the laps in and I’m looking forward to tomorrow. I’m just happy to be back on the bike, we had a break and now we are back – I’m definitely smiling and enjoying it.
Random News Story
SBN Directory - add your motorcycle related business here
If you would like to receive our headlines daily to your email inbox then sign up to our newsletter: Here
Subscribe to our news channels: Here