The BMW GS models are celebrating their 40th anniversary in 2020 and BMW Motorrad is presenting the new R 1250 GS and R 1250 GS Adventure just in time for this.
“Inspiring performance, an impressive range of equipment, an incomparable riding experience and an almost unshakable confidence of GS customers in their motorcycles contribute significantly to the success of the BMW Motorrad brand That was an incentive and at the same time an obligation with the new R 1250 GS and R 1250 GS Adventure.”
Patrick Gürlich, Project Manager, and Reiner Fings, Product Manager
The new BMW R 1250 GS and R 1250 GS Adventure: Even more sophisticated and innovative for off-road, touring and adventures.
The BMW GS models are celebrating their 40th anniversary in 2020 and BMW Motorrad is presenting the new R 1250 GS and R 1250 GS Adventure just in time for this. Even more sophisticated, more innovative and more fascinating – due to numerous new features and an extended range of optional equipment and Original BMW Motorrad Accessories. Even more so than before, they are the perfect companions for discovering even the most remote corners of our planet by motorcycle.
Like to date, the legendary two-cylinder boxer engine ensures a superior and cultivated drive. It still has a displacement of 1,254 cm3 and with the current EU5 vehicle type approval it also still has a capacity of 100 kW (136 HP). Due to BMW ShiftCam technology for varying valve control timing and valve lift on the intake side, it provides superior power across the entire speed range, extremely smooth and quiet running and outstanding consumption and emission values.
Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) and new “Eco” riding mode as standard. Pro riding modes with riding mode preselection and dynamic engine brake control as optional equipment.
The Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) ensures a high level of driving safety by best possible traction as standard. With the new standard “Eco” riding mode the rider is encouraged to drive as efficiently as possible.
As optional equipment ex works, the new R 1250 GS and R 1250 GS Adventure can be equipped with the Pro riding modes option. With the new riding mode preselection, the rider can have an individual selection of riding modes provided at the riding mode button. The dynamic engine brake control is also a new component of the Pro riding modes. It can be used to safely avoid unstable driving conditions, which can occur in coasting overrun mode or when downshifting due to excessive brake slip at the rear wheel.
New BMW Integral ABS Pro as standard.
The R 1250 GS and R 1250 GS Adventure are the world’s most popular touring enduros, in their latest edition with BMW Integral ABS Pro as standard. This is a brake system that provides even more safety when braking, even in inclined positions, and thinks even further ahead, so to speak. The additional expansion of the riding mode concept results in more new functions. For example, the advanced adaptation of the ABS control characteristics to the respective riding mode.
Hill Start Control Pro (HSC Pro) with advanced function as optional equipment ex works.
The Hill Start Control drive-off assistant is standard in both models and enables convenient stopping and starting when driving uphill. Hill Start Control Pro (HSC Pro) goes beyond the Hill Start Control comfort system and noticeably improves the starting performance in all conditions.
New full-LED adaptive headlights, new lighting function, cruising light and function-integrated turn indicator bulbs as optional equipment ex works.
The standard full-LED headlight already illuminates the road with an unmatched bright and clear light. A newly developed headlight with swivel function goes one step further. With the optional “adaptive headlight” equipment, the low-beam headlight of the standard full-LED headlight is turned into the curve depending on the inclined position. Curves are almost fully illuminated this way because the light is where the motorcycle is moving.
The new lighting functions make the experience with the R 1250 GS and R 1250 GS Adventure even more intense and practical at the same time. In future, the welcome light (“Welcome” function), the “Good bye” function and the “Follow me home” function for orientation will be available as optional equipment. With the optional cruising light equipment, the two front turn indicator bulbs are operated so that they are permanently dimmed simultaneously. In the case of the multifunctional rear indicator lamps, the standard rear LED flashing turn indicators are replaced by LED flashing turn indicators (depending on the market), which can emit yellow flashing light and red brake light or rear light simultaneously.
Vehicle voltage and USB sockets as standard. Seat heating for rider and passenger for increased travelling and touring capability as well as handlebar risers by 30 mm as optional equipment ex works.
The new BMW R 1250 GS and R 1250 GS Adventure already have two different sockets as standard. A 12 V vehicle voltage socket and a USB-A socket with 5 V power supply. A seat heating for rider and passenger as optional equipment ex works also provides a significant increase in comfort at low outside temperatures. A new operating concept enables particularly easy handling. In addition to the different rider’s seats and footrests available as optional equipment or Original BMW Motorrad Accessories, the handlebar height can now also be adjusted with the optionally available handlebar risers.
The new R 1250 GS and R 1250 GS Adventure: Travelling, off-road and adventure expertise, each in an attractive basic colour and the two triple black and Rallye style variants. “40 Years GS” anniversary edition.
In their respective basic versions, the new BMW R 1250 GS and R 1250 GS Adventure emphasise their more precise nature and universal talents in light white solid paint and ice grey solid paint. In addition, the triple black style and Rallye style variants, available ex works as optional equipment each offer two particularly expressive colour concepts. To commemorate the 40th anniversary of the BMW GS models, the two new GS models with “40 Years GS” in black and yellow are based on a milestone in GS history: the legendary R 100 GS.
Highlights of the new BMW R 1250 GS and R 1250 GS Adventure:
• Original boxer engine with BMW ShiftCam technology for varying the valve control times and the valve lift on the intake side.
• Powerful acceleration over the entire speed range, exemplary consumption and emission values as well as smooth and quiet running.
• Power and torque: 100 kW (136 HP) at 7 750 rpm and 143 Nm at 6,250 rpm.
• Knock sensor system for optimised touring capability.
• New BMW Motorrad Integral ABS Pro as standard.
• Three riding modes as standard.
• New “Eco” riding mode for particularly economical driving as standard.
• Pro riding modes with additional riding modes and new riding mode preselection as well as dynamic engine brake control as optional equipment ex works.
• Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) as standard.
• Electronic Dynamic ESA “Next Generation” chassis with fully automatic load compensation.
• Hill Start Control Pro (HSC Pro) with advanced function as optional equipment ex works.
• New full-LED adaptive headlight as optional equipment ex works.
• New lighting functions, cruising light and function-integrated turn indicator bulbs as optional equipment ex works.
• Vehicle voltage and USB sockets as standard.
• Seat heating for rider and passenger for increased travelling and touring capability as optional equipment ex works.
• Handlebar risers by 30 mm as optional equipment ex works.
• In addition to the standard seat height adjustability, a wide range of seat height options ex works.
• Connectivity: Multifunctional instrument cluster with 6.5-inch full-colour TFT display and numerous features as standard on the R 1250 GS.
• Intelligent emergency call as optional equipment ex works.
• One attractive basic colour each and the two triple black and Rallye style variants ex works as optional equipment.
• “40 Years GS” anniversary edition.
• Extended range of optional equipment and Original BMW Motorrad Accessories.
For more information on BMW Motorrad UK visit bmw-motorrad.co.uk
Podcasts Latest Episodes