The Mountain Course; legendary, iconic and one of the ultimate challenges in motorsports. 37 and a half miles of everyday street tarmac that snakes through stone-wall lined country lanes, along tree tunneled straights, through usually sleepy towns and over the foreboding mountain roads of the Isle of Man at full throttle. A rugged, windswept island setting that sits in the middle of the Irish Sea which, for over 110 years, has been the greatest test of rider and machine at the annual TT races.
To complete the TT course is special, to win is to join a small group of motorcycle racing’s revered stars. With 23 TT victories in his career to date, John McGuinness is a legend; the King of the Mountain who has re-written the record books and stood on more TT podiums than any rider in history. His focus, his accuracy and his devasting speed has set a bench-mark that few can aspire to match and for such ability, it is fitting for Alpinestars to introduce the John McGuinness Limited Edition Supertech R Boot.
Designed with graphics to celebrate John’s unique character and popularity around the world of motorcycling, the detailing incorporates elements of the McGuinness personal ‘McPint’ logo, the TT course outline and his status as a sporting icon who remains rooted to his origins in Morecambe, England.
The Morecambe Missile is truly a road racing god and now, with his own specially designed Supertech, a piece of the John McGuinness racing spirit is available to his fans the world over.
You may never beat his lap record breaking speed, match his sublimely smooth riding style or sweep through the bottom of Bray Hill at over 180 miles per hour, but the John Mcguinness Limited Edition Supertech R boot will allow you to be amongst a select group who own a unique salute to one of the greatest riders to grace the roads.
Designed and developed to the highest technical standards, the Supertech R Boots today represent the pinnacle of racing innovation for track and road use. Every component is meticulously engineered for high performance protection, precision and flexibility. Now available in this classic Limited Edition colour scheme, the McGuinness Supertech R boot is dialled for speed and style.
Alpinestars’ most iconic road riding boot worn by a roster of the fastest World Champions past and present, the Supertech R incorporates performance innovations, including a redesigned compound rubber sole, an ergonomically profiled shin plate, a redesigned front flex area, plus the pioneering dual torsion, bio-mechanical ankle brace – all of which enhance the podium winning performance of this CE certified boot.
SUPERTECH R CONSTRUCTION
- Technical microfiber upper construction offering superb levels of flexibility.
- Microfiber main shell offers high levels of water-resistance, durability, and improved weight-savings.
- Material ensures consistent fit for long term usage and is easy to maintain and clean.
- Redesigned front flex area is constructed from over-injected TPU over inject on breathable mesh with shaped reliefs for improve abrasion resistance and natural forward and back movements.
- Top gaiter follows leg contour and is made of flexible high-grade synthetic leather reinforced with PU.
- Lightweight rubber compound sole offers excellent grip and feel and allows for natural flex as the rider changes position and pressure on the foot-peg.
- Newly designed external TPU shin protection is ergonomically shaped and wraps around to outer calf and is engineered to spread and dissipate impact energy across the entire surface while remaining compact.
- Integrated replaceable co-injected TPU/Aluminum toe slider features new easy screw fixing concept provides feel and protects the outer toe box structure from abrasion.
- Replaceable polymer heel plate slider protects from impact and reduces friction in the event of a crash.
- Supertech R boot is CE certified to EN 13634:2010.
- Flexible accordion microfiber stretch at Achilles allows natural movement.
- Innovative, full length medial-facing microfiber panel features new texture pattern offering excellent grip and feel against the bike and protects from abrasion and heat.
- Flexible, lightweight toe shifter allows feel for changing gears.
- Separate internal bio-mechanical ankle brace works with the outer structure of the boot to form a protective system allowing full and free movement of the foot, ankle, and leg.
- External entry has stretch accordion panel for a close fit and ease of entrance and removal.
- New, soft TPU stretch panel on the lateral side gives easy closure with an excellent fit.
- Zip is made from TPU to reduce friction in the event of a crash.
- Velcro tab locks the zip pull closed, keeping it flat and secure.
- Shin plate features new micro-adjustable ratchet top closure for safe and precise fit.
- On vented version: strategically positioned ventilation in heel and shin TPU guides air through the boot.
- These boots are available in men’s EURO sizes 39 – 48.
SUPERTECH R INNER ANKLE BRACE SYSTEM
- Separate internal bio-mechanical ankle brace works with the outer structure of the boot to form a protective system allowing full and free movement of the foot, ankle and leg. New research has produced re-profiled double hinged inner and outer torsion bars to give greater impact protection to the ankle by progressively absorbing flex and rotation stress, reducing pressure and hyper-extension injury to the lower leg joints.
- The inner ankle brace is constructed with a fiberglass re-enforced polyamide compound and ergonomically designed closed cell padding to give protection and comfort.
- Alpinestars exclusive lasting process has developed the Supertech R’s fit and feel characteristics to an even greater level, ensuring the inner structure allows the rider maximum feedback from the bike.
- Specially developed polyamide compound moldings give impact protection while retaining the ease of natural skeletal movement.
- Main upper material constructed from breathable mesh and microfiber chassis supported by an inner ankle soft padding for maximum comfort.
- Metal eyelet closure ensures rapid and accurate entry and exit and with micro-adjustability, ensures perfect fitting and security.